Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Am Against Posting in the Facebook Group.

So I will post in here. I recently stumbled upon this infograph which depicts the computing power of machines. It predicts the demise of human hegemony over intelligence. I'm not sure if I can buy it but there is an attached article that you can read for yourself.


www.time.com/time/interactive/0%252C31813%252C2048601%252C00.html

We have discussed the issue in class, but basically the argument states that humans will be overcome by their creations, and computers will begin designing themselves, transforming society and the human experience completely. Apparently this change is only 35 years away.

Let me be the first to say ON RECORD that I have supported our computer overlords since before their rise to power.

3 comments:

  1. Just curious what your theory is in not liking to post in the Facebook group?

    I agree in not liking to post links to random stuff (that should be on our blogs as part of our commentary) but I do like it for keeping in touch and discussing class-related things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really intrigued by the preoccupation with robots/computers/end of humanity meme. I sorta don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find this post extremely funny since I had the pleasure of sitting down and watching Irobot and Eagle Eye two movies where robots are given their own brain, and have the ability to think for themselves without consulting with their human programmers first. Diego had a post about this one the class FB group

    ReplyDelete